Did you know:
- All classes are SCENT FREE. We do have customers that have reactions/allergies to perfume, cologne, etc.
- You can register and pay online for our classes (for yourself and several other people, you'll be asked for each attendee contact info when you check out) — simply click on the Details, Registration & Payment button for each class.
- We have a NO REFUND POLICY for our classes. We have to give numbers to our teachers for purchasing food and planning but you may give your spot to someone else.
- You can suggest new classes or request repeats, simply use the form at the bottom of the page.
- Please check the FAQ page for any other questions you may have.
Here are the classes we have coming up:
Join us as we explore our local ecosystem and discover the edible and medicinal herbs growing locally!Jun 13, 2020, 01:00 pm to 03:00 pm
Last day to register: Jun 13, 2020
We will meet several herbs and learn how to identify, forage, and integrate these wonderful, beneficial plants, growing right here in the city, into your daily life; learning of their traditional and modern day applications! Make a home remedy from scratch, connect with nature and traditional folk remedies, rekindle the art of foraging, and transform your daily walk into a treasure hunt of medicinal and edible herbs.
*Please note: We will not be harvesting on this walk. Rather, learning and discussing proper harvesting procedures.
Dress for the weather (rain or shine), wear sturdy shoes for walking off the trail, and bring a teacup.
Feel free to bring a pen and paper for notes.
A camera or your phone for pictures of the plants we talk about.
We’ll meet at the Purearth Organics parking lot, and venture into the river area promptly at 1:00pm.
Shantel Cooke has been a herbalist for over twenty years. She lives near Caroline, AB, on her 80 acre Tanglewood organic farm and wild woodland gardens. She has a passion for holistic healing, natural wellness, and facilitating experiences for others that cultivate a love, kinship, and respect for nature and its gifts. After healing her daughter of bone cancer using holistic treatments in 2013, she founded Tanglewood Garden & Farm Soap and Apothecary, to joyously handcraft herbal soap, organic skin care, and premium wellness goods to share with others. She also happily teaches inspiring wellness classes throughout Alberta, in a fun, vibrant, and easy-to-understand style.
19 spots left$22 Details, Registration & Payment