Blueberry Almond Butter Smoothie for Hormone Health and Link For Hormone Balancing Class!
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2017
Madeline MacKinnon’s deliciously simple smoothie, like others from her Eating For Your Cycle course, is designed to help balance a woman’s menstrual cycle. She recommends having this as a meal in the Follicular phase (between your period and when you start ovulating) because the antioxidants from berries nourish the developing follicle that will release an egg during ovulation. A healthy follicle will improve chances of conception! If you are not trying to get pregnant, optimal egg health equates to optimal hormone balance since the follicle is responsible for producing about 80% of progesterone and estrogen during your cycle.
Course registration closes this Thursday at 11:59pm MST! Click here to register now!
Once you register, you will have access to the Intro modules so you can get started. The content of the entire course is yours for life, so you can access all 80 recipes and timeless info again and again!
Blueberry Almond Butter Smoothie Recipe
Add all the following ingredients to a high-speed blender, including the optional ingredients, and blend until smooth.
- ½ cup Unsweetened coconut milk OR unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup Plain organic yogurt OR kefir OR more milk
- ¾ cup Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ tsp Ginger, fresh or powdered
- ½ tsp Vanilla, extract or powder
- 1 Tbsp Almond butter OR ½ an avocado
- 1-2 Dates, pitted and quartered OR honey to taste
- 1 Tbsp Ground flax seed
- 1 drop Cardamom oil OR ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 Protein powder serving